Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My belief about Japan

My belief about Japan is Japanese are very polite. I remembered vividly, after I went to Japanese class once, I saw Rika sensei at the Bakti Permai cafeteria. That time, I was very excited because I could hardly see foreign lecturers outside the lecture halls. Rika sensei smiled to me and greeted me with “konnichiwa”. I was really impressed by the courtesy of Japanese. Sensei always says greetings like “ohoyou”, ”konnichiwa ” to the class before she starts the lesson.

From the Japanese book, I have learnt several expressions that Japanese used to say when they greet each others like “konbanwa”, ”sumimasen”, ”oyasumi”. Besides, in the Japanese movies and dramas, it is very common to see the characters say ”ittekimasu” when they want to go out while ”itterasshai” used by the people who stay in the house. One of the Japanese movie I watch is “A litre of tears”. Furthermore, traditional Japanese bow down when they greet people. Japanese too, very concern about the expressions in daily conversation. They seldom use “Iye” as they think it might offence people. ”Chigaimasu” will use instead of “Iye”.

2 comments:

hui ting said...

wan shingさん
I agree with your opinion that the Japanese people are very polite because they always greet the people and they always bow when they meet the people. We will not see this culture in Malaysia.

xinxin^^ said...

yes.this is the culture difference between Japanese and Malaysian.Japanese bow and greet people.This is their style.While Malaysians don't bow.That is not our culture.However,there are polite Malaysians.We are not used to bow.We greet and smile to persons.In this way,we are polite too.